23.06.2014

Life II

Da kommer siste del av talen til L, og personlig mener i alle fall jeg at han har mange gode poeng når en bare tenker gjennom hva det er han egentlig sier.


One of my other missions is to change the world in here. Not by filling grievances or lawsuits. I am not a whiner, anymore. The best way to change our world is to first change ourselves. So I set about making that change, and now I want to be a part of helping others change for the better. If you can believe it, my life is full of love and happiness here in prison. I am truly free for the first time behind these walls. I have learned how to be unselfish and to seek joy in the small things. I see in each of you here a man that can, by his change of heart, become a force for making prison a better place, a place where love and compassion can be found. Do you know what will happen when we do that? These prisons will become unnecessary. You want to start a revolution? Do you want to make your mark on the world? Become a part of changing this world and you will never be forgotten.

I am tired of hearing people say that they cannot make a change in anything. It is a lie and a coward’s way out. What about Mr. Morris and the other volunteers that come here. If they truly believed that they could not make a difference, do you think they would be here? I sometimes imagine them, the volunteer, sitting at a table looking at all the programs that they sponsor, figuring out how many people they will truly reach. What makes it worth it to them? Are they happy to reach one individual? Do they want to reach 15%, 25%, 50%, or 90%? I look at someone like Mr. Morris and I am in awe of the time that they sacrifice, the love that is evident, and I don’t know about you, I feel a little unworthy of that. I do know that I want to make him and all of the other people who give so freely to us, proud of me. I want them to be able to go home and say to their family or to their God, «I did it, I made a difference today». I know that it is the same thing that I want to say too at the end of each day.

I have come to a point in my life where this life sentence is not something that can keep me down. Sure, I have my moments, but my desire, no my need to become a part of making our world, in here and out there and in the future something better outweighs all other considerations.

I am a self-proclaimed Atlas, I bear the weight of my world willingly upon my shoulders, mostly. I have my missions and my duties, and I have all of you, my brothers. And together we can become a force to be reckoned with, an Army for the cause of positive forward movement, an Army that can re-make all aspects of our world. I humbly ask each of you to join me in this adventure, this quest. It won’t be easy, but the rewards will be uncountable.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar